Fans of Monterey Car Week will be glad to know that Ford has decided to auction off two more prized concepts at this year's event. The auctions, which are happening today, are for the Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept and vintage-inspired Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster Concept. We here at Veterans Ford think that this is incredibly exciting, and we would like to take a minute to discuss both models with you.
Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept Vital Stats:- Known From: Pebble Beach/2004
- Design Inspiration: Ford Shelby Cobra Concept
- Color Scheme: Silver exterior; black interior
- Engine: 6.4-liter all-aluminum V-10
- Transmission Type: 6-speed manual
- Power: 605-hp and 501 lb.-ft. of torque
- Take Note: Not a running example
Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster Vital Stats:- Known From: North American International Auto Show (Detroit, MI)/2001
- Design Inspiration: 1962 ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster
- Color Scheme: Vibrant red exterior; white leather interior
- Engine: 3.9-liter V-8
- Transmission Type: Automatic
- Suspension: Four-wheel independent
- Brakes: Four-wheel disc
- Take Note: Cannot be registered for highway use in the U.S.
While we don't have any rare concept cars for sale on our lot at 3724 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie, LA 70002, but you will find a great lineup of new Ford models to choose from. If you'd like to learn more about specific models, like the Ford E-250 or Escape, then feel free to contact us today. And, remember to keep checking back for more Ford news!